[ SHOWGSD-L ] floods, photographer, 4th etc.

  • From: Mary Ward <mlward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

      I live in Tulsa, Ok
  post is long
  Received this email from an individual.  This is the flooding occurring in
the Bartlesville, Ok, Dewey Ok area.
  http://www.wcspca.org/
  As some of you may have heard, the Washington County SPCA animal shelter is
flooded (see link above).  All the dogs and cats (over 200) have been evacuated
and are at the fairgrounds in Dewey.  A friend of mine is on the board of
directors the Washington County SPCA and just returned from the fairgrounds up
there.  She says that they need many things for the animals ? food, crates, old
linens, large heavy-duty trash bags, bowls, buckets, etc., and FANS!  Evidently
it?s really hot in the buildings and they need something to move the air
around.  So, if anyone is interested in helping the shelter with any of these
items, let me know.  I?ll be glad to collect and coordinate transport of any
donations to the fairgrounds. Also, I?m sure the SPCA would appreciate cash
contributions, as well as volunteers to foster animals temporarily.  Feel free
to contact me on my mobile phone with questions, etc ? 812-0843.  You can also
call 440-0914 and speak to a member of the shelter
 staff directly.
  Also, if you have been thinking about adopting an animal, this might be a
good time to go look.  Jackie said besides all the great mixed breed dogs,
there are lots of lovely pure-bred dogs there as well, such as labs, german
shepherds, dachshunds, beagles, collies and more. Thanks for taking the time to
read this. Have a safe and happy holiday.

    Aleta Crosby
  Scott&Goble Architects
    Just got back from the Fairgrounds.  They need FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is
sooooooo HOT out there and they need more air movement!!!!  Anyway, going to
see if Mark wants to help me buy some fans tonight!!   The area code is (918)
for Oklahoma.

    JM&M
  Haven't  heard from the Coffeyville, Independence Ks area.
  Miami Ok is experiencing their worst flooding since the early 50's.
  The flooding won't be over for a week or 2, still flowing in to the Arkansas
river from the NW.  The flooding is controlled by the Keystone Dam for the most
part for the Tulsa, area.  Downstream could be the killer where 3-4 of these
rivers causing flooding in SE KS, NE Ok flow into the Arkansas around Muskogee,
Ok and surrounding area.
  Amy Murkland is one of the best in the business.  She is fantastic to work
with when I was show chairman, show secy for our local GSDCGT, Inc.  also as a
customer.  Besides being very good at her craft.
  It sounds like a war zone where I live also.  Illegals both people and
fireworks are creating way too much noise for this elder.  The dogs don't seem
to be affected one way or another.
  The tree frogs are singing it is so wet they are in abundance.   I will keep
the list updated about any information I receive on the flooding and the
animals.
  Mary L Ward, Tulsa, Ok