[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: floating gait

  • From: robert m van winkle <rmvw1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:11:10 -0500

The problem today is that 90% of our exhibitors fault suspended movers.
"As lifting in front"
Personally give me a nice easy floater (who may or may not lift in front)
vs these "horses races" today we call dog shows.
Case in point. Many friends faulted Ch. Hickory Hills Bull Durham as
lifting, and in particular the year he went Grand Victor.
Tell you what. He may have lifted when he first  came in a ring. But a
large National ring showed
when & where he place his front paw was far past his nose. Then longer he
went the better he got.
The flashy racers could not keep up at the end.
 All this is due also to the fact of his superb back and topline and
excellent rear drive.
I am not saying he is the most correct dog I have ever seen.  Only as a
recent example.
Thank You.
Bob Van Winkle
VANDERWERTH