[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: flights

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TISHW@xxxxxxx, campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:06:36 EST

In a message dated 2/12/2005 12:11:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Deb  won't go unless
> > the local club pays all her  expenses-Kris

I certainly cannot speak for other site selections but that did not happen
in Beaumont.  I think perhaps Kris may have taken something said out of
context.  There is often a referral on this list and otherwise about the  site
selection chair being "wined and dined" by the Chamber of Commerce  locally.
It
came up at the board meeting and I offered a fact that  while she was in
Beaumont "we" paid for Deb, and I was referring to meals   - the wining and
dining
part.
Our club paid nothing of the costs for Deb......personally, John and I took
her out to dinner one night, another night another member of the club took her
 out.   Her airline ticket, room, and other expenses were all paid for  by
the Travel and Convention Bureau locally.  What they do not pay for, Deb  pays
for herself.
So the statement that Deb won't go somewhere unless the local club pays is
inaccurate.  Her presentation and talks with all the local businesses here  had
them all convinced they all wanted a german shepherd....believe me, she is
very good at what she does!
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds