[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: flies and vinegar "add tick and fleas"

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx, sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:01:51 -0400 (EDT)

Vinegar is great to strip a coat of old products and what I like most is
that it speeds the drying process.  A little goes a LONG way.

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 6/17/2012 12:17:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx writes:

i always  use a vinegar rinse on my dogs. it removes any soap that may be
left in their  coats. I always use too much shampoo! Maybe this is the reason
that my dogs  never get flees or ticks. It gives the coat a beautiful
shine.
Terry

Sent from my iPad

<scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

>> Vinegar has many uses that are safe but like  everything ever dog is
different to what is safe
>> for  them.
>> �
>>  http://www.dog-health-handbook.com/vinegar-kills-fleas.html
>>  �
>>  http://www.ehow.com/info_8487595_vinegar-kill-prevent-ticks.html
>>  �
>> http://www.gsdwebsite.com/intro_fleas.htm
>>  �
>> I spray half vinegar-water combination on the grass around trees  to
prevent both fleas and ticks,� be careful though it can also damage flowers
and plants.� We have a real issue with deer ticks at my one place so spray
this vinegar mix on my clothes, shoes.� So far the spraying of the land has
kept my�GSD free of ticks along with giving him a couple 2�natural vitamin
B-1  tablets.� I do not like using chemicals�of any kind on my GSD and so
far never  have.
>> �
>> Theresa
>> �
>> --- On Sat,  6/16/12, Sally Hayden <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> we are now going into our heavy fly  time on the farm� .� I found out
about
>> cidar vinegar when I judged  in Denver.���I� came HOME� saying oh
>> sure.
� But
>> tried it because  it is cheap and non toxic.� mixed it 50/ 50 with water.
>> and spray  ears heavy and over the whole body���I am thrilled to say
>> the
>>  flies are not bothering the dogs.� Dogs don't mind it like they  did
>> insecticide spray.� The real test will be in August .� If I  have spritz
>> them twice a day no problem as I know I will not be  harming them
>>
>> I don't remember who told us in Denver  but THANK YOU
>>
>> --
>> Sally

===========================================================================>>
POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
 any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>> Each  Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and  its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed  in any post.

>> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE  FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE  LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS  OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

===========================================================================>
===========================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> Each Author  is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

> For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.