[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: fighting AB 1634

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 23:23:23 -0400

This is an interesting take on the situation.  And, have mixed feelings about
it.  The Author states Sacramento County does not issue breeder's permits and
has no intention to do so.  I'll bet there are many Cities/Counties out there
that also don't have that provision.  But, fighting AB1634 from that standpoint
may bring on a bigger problem.  Those same Cities/Counties may look at it from
an increased revenue standpoint and decide it's a good idea.  Of course then
the cycle starts all over again.  Do responsible breeders go underground?  Do
you give up and stop breeding?  Or do you leave the State?  Hmmm.  I would
think twice about using the argument of breeder's permits not being available.

Laura Thomas