[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: fees?

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Danannkennel@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:14:36 -0500

On another list I'm on, someone just asked for opinions on the bill she
received from her handler for showing one dog at a local specialty.
This specialty was held on the same site as the all breed show that had
been held earlier that same day.  His bill was for $150. -- that was
apparently his "specialty" rate, and he had not told her beforehand that
he'd raised his rates.
    At one time I asked one of the top GSD handlers the rate for a class
bitch at the National, and he told me $750.
The rate for the top Terrier handler in the east, and this was printed
on the rate card, was $100 for an independently held specialty, because
it meant he would miss his other breeds if he gave up an all breed.
Those prices were quoted to me at the same time of year...actually, in
September.  At an all breed show, or for a specialty held in conjunction
with an all breed show, the Terrier handler's rate was $65.  There were,
of course, to be bonuses if you placed in the group or went Best...at
that time there were no printed charges for making the cut, something I
understand a lot of handlers do these days.
Peggy