[ SHOWGSD-L ] feeding times

  • From: EJDegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:09:13 EST

When my dogs are young, they are fed twice a day (or more depending on  their
age).  However, as young dogs, they start working for meals,  too.  I'll lay
a track and then their meal will be at the end of a track,  or I'll feed
portions of a meal while doing agility or obedience.  As the  dogs get older,
they
get one meal a day plus all the training treats (which are  considerable).  I
don't feed at any certain time, as it depends on what  time we're done
training.  Some nights I teach classes and use my own dogs  to demo, so they
don't
eat til we get home.  Occasionally, I fast them  also.  I used to fast one day
week, but am not so structured now.

I sure wish someone would watch my meals as carefully!!!! :-)

Julie  Degen
Fort Monroe, VA
GSD "Cassie"
BC "Radar"