[ SHOWGSD-L ] ex-pens @ dogshows

  • From: "Jodi Bobin" <ravencd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:40:08 -0500

I received many emails back from my post, but only one other club received the
letter. Many asked what this is about so I'll post to the list...
We received a letter from the AKC Board of Directors that there has been a
revision to the Show / Trial Manual, effective April 1, 2007 to more adequately
address exercise area requirements at dog shows. Then it goes on to state how
many ex-pens must be set up at shows. Basically it mostly is concerning
all-breed shows and basically it breaks down to 2 ex-pens per 1,000 entries for
outside shows, and 2 ex-pens per 600 entries for indoor shows. But...at the
bottom it says " Specialty shows must have a minimum of two exercise pens
suitable to the size of the breed. "
Jodi Bobin
Sacred Heart GSDs