[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: especially in OKLAHOMA and neighboring states...............

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:44:25 -0400

Where in heavens name did that RUMOR come from!?  It amazes me how these
things get so wildly blown out of proportion!

The true FACT of the matter is, what you got was a press release DIRECTLY
FROM THE HUMANE SOCIETY. The other fact of the matter is, there were NO
LEGAL AUTHORITIES INVOLVED...the police weren't called in, the departments
of health and/or agriculture were nowhere to be seen, other animal experts
weren't onsite to aid and assess...EVERYTHING WAS FROM THE POV OF THE HS.
Forgive me if I seem a bit cynical, but many, if not most, humane societies
tend to lean in varying degrees toward animal rights and have made it their
lives'work to end ALL animal husbandry.

The newspaper article I saw had TWO pictures in it. NEITHER picture showed
"abused" animals. One showed two Chihuahuas sitting side by side, fat,
healthy and CLEAN. One was missing an eye (anyone here have a disabled
dog??????).  The other picture showed three young Poodle puppies on
newspaper. CLEAN newspaper.

ABSOLUTELY NONE of what that "press release" states as 'fact' is in anyway
condoned by OK law... and IF it were truly the case the authorities WOULD
have acted.

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Proud member GSDCA and Sawnee Mtn Kennel Club
www.rihadin.com