[ SHOWGSD-L ] enthusiastic stud

  • From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowGSDs showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:58:21 -0400

Has anyone had a stud like mine when he was young?   He wouldn't even
bother with a bitch in heat until she was 'ready'.  He seemed to know
and I guess decided it wasn't worth the effort or getting his face bit
off.   I had more than one bitch owner call me and tell me there was
something wrong with this male.  (I let a couple friends take him
instead of bringing their bitch here).  I told them to just wait and
be patient, he knew what he was doing.  And of course, he did and when
the time was right, the job was done easily and a litter resulted.
UNTIL  my own bitch that I was sure was past the time of breeding and
I was away.  There were solid sides to the kennels but he got on top
of his kennel and jumped into hers.  Came home to a dog with a very
big grin.  He knew she wasn't past the time and a four puppy litter
resulted.
One of my best - and last!       Anne,TN