[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: encourage not discourage? or Maybe just be kind

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karekedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:30:48 -0700 (PDT)

There are some very well spoken and KIND people out there, you are one more.
If we nice people stick together and we make a point of being nice to newbies
and nice to those enquiring, the people in this breed could get nicer all
around!

  Thank you Connie for saying what needs to be said in another way.
  sheila
karekedi <karekedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have been giving some thought to the theme for this year .
" to encourage not discourage " What a great theme, but maybe a good one for
next year would be to just "Be Kind" .
I am sure that most of you don't know me, but there are many who do. My name
used to be Connie Palmer , I have had GSD's since I was 18 years old .In the
early 70's I was a member and vice pres. of a Texas GSD club . I really loved
all the people and getting together with the dogs , the club meetings and
putting on the shows.
Unfortunately there is another element to some people
in the dog world, that is nasty , back biting, cut throat and rude. Because I
felt that there was just to much of this kind of thing . That life dealt enough
heartaches without intentionally exposing yourself to such things, while trying
to do something you loved .Though I stayed in GSD's, I let my membership expire
and declined for years to be a member of the clubs.
There are so many kind and good hearted people in the GSD world, but just one
bad one stands out more than all the rest . It is a sad fact that there are
many club members and potential members that are lost just for the same reasons
. Someone once told me that the most powerful word in the world is kindness .

Connie Palmer Williams
South Park , Colorado

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com