[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: email from Bill Pfieffer/ballots

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:16:25 -0400

Hi Beryl and all...I don't think anyone is blaming any one
else...possibly the organization that sent the ballots out, but no club
member, officer, or Director....
and, to tell the truth, the only sensible thing to do is follow the
procedure outlined in Peg Kurz's post........after all, it isn't anyone
in the Club's fault, nor is
it the Club's fault...and if the final counting of ballots has to be
delayed, in spite of the ByLaws, there isn't much else that can be done
except to start all
over again.
    It was really bad enough when Canadian members didn't get ballots in
time to send them back in a timely fashion...but this latest mixup has
the potential
to completely screw things up..........it's FUBAR for sure.  Kris said
they (I assume she means the Board) is going to discuss it tonite, and
with any luck,
someone will tell us tomorrow what actions are being taken.  I think the
entire election will be invalid if everything isn't started all over
again.......
    As for the members not on the list, it is obvious that postcards or
something are going to have to be sent sometime...to let those who
aren't on the list
know how to deal with their ballots.........what's so bad is that some
non-list people will have already had theirs returned and might have
them returned a
second time, because they won't have a CLUE what's wrong with the envelope!
Peggy