[ SHOWGSD-L ] elephants

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:34:55 -0400

There is the key. It is another chance to have fun, see our friends and show
young dogs. I remember in 1982 when I showed my number two Select bitch in the
Maturity and didn't win my class.

It is fun to show, a chance to have another show, and does not harm. While the
quality at the National continues to astound, why not save the system.

If it is losing money, or is disliked by those who attend, (note, I say those
who attend), then we should consider changing it.

But, from what I saw in Arizona, everyone had a great time, and as one of the
loser, I see the value in the program. But, it is time to get rid of the
amateur class.

I support the system every year with my dogs and my entries and still enjoy
seeing youngsters out there out of certain breedings and visit with friends I
only see at the Futurities and/or National and meet some new people as well.

Evan