[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: elections and a suggestion... again

  • From: Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx>, <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:04:13 -0400

Showgsd-l is in the process of sponsoring a group of neutral non-candidates to
do something exactly like that, since it is hard to imagine getting it
organized and publicized in the very small time window available between the
date nominations close and the date ballots are due in any other way.  The Dog
News Questionnaire would be a great framework to utilize.

Once the work is done and the results collected and verified, the intention is
to publish the questions and all responses on the Showgsd-l site in a secured
area accessible to GSDCA members.  We have also offered to make it available
for posting on the GSDCA web site.

Margery Golant

From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
Date: 2005/07/11 Mon PM 12:55:38 EDT
To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx,  f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
        board@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] elections and a suggestion... again

I think Pat and Kris have come up with a really good idea.  Dog News sends
out a questionnaire to all those running for the AKC Board, each candidate
gives
their answer and Dog News prints all of them.  We could do the same thing,
several members could work together, come up with a list of 4-6 questions and
have each candidate answer them rather than writing a bio telling how many CHs,
etc.

Then after the election you would have written detail to follow those in
office and see if they really did what they said they were going to do, no more
Jerry Ford logic that Evan told us about, do anything to get elected.  That is
NOT the way to do things.  Remember this is YOUR Club.

Lew