[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ear hematoma - help!!!

  • From: "Janice Buchanan" <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:50:03 -0700

Hi Diane,
I was the one who posted recently, and my vet used a method similar to the
Button method that Molly recommended.    Actually, he uses a piece of x-ray
film instead of the button <g>.    There is a way to treat the hematoma
without
surgery, but my vet and several members on the list advised me that it has
less
chance of leaving the ear standing - so I opted for the surgery.  My girl
had to
wear an e-collar for about three weeks to prevent her from scratching it,
but
her ears are fully healed and her ears are beautiful.  Hoki is seven years
old,
so your boy's age shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with your boy!

Janice Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds, UT
http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/