[ SHOWGSD-L ] dying

  • From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:52:50 -0700

Well I have missed a lot this weekend, by not being home.
Here is my take.
Dying has been going on for many year, by the big ones. The big ones are
teaching their gofers coming up in the ranks until they are big ones too and on
& on & on...
They teach their clients to dye and many of those clients are probably
newbie's.  What a wonderful start!

I strongly object and am extremely irritated when I have to put up with it in
the ring.
It IS against the rules and shame on all of us for letting it go.

Drugs are used to cover unstable temperament, which is the most hurtful to the
breed.
A good number of owners, who are new or naive, have no idea what is going on.
If they ask, I know of some who will lie to their faces.  That sounds like
somebody I want MY dog with, in the next century!

I am with Kathy Tank on this and there is an avenue set up for us to put a stop
to this, we need to start using it.

Its pretty bad when there are local dogs we see all the time and all of a
sudden look like a different dog, we ask the owner..."Oh, you have a new dog!"
and they don't!!

To add insult to injury, they think we don't notice.  Hard not to notice on a
4-day weekend, the dogs either get a little lighter with each bath, or darker
as the weekend goes on.  Some are very good at it, some look like
paint-by-number.

Is the message being sent by people who need to use dye they are aware the dog
they are showing is inferior?

It all comes down to money.  If the owner has the money, the deed will get
done.  If a certain stud dog or bitch is close to ROM and they NEED this win,
it WILL get done.  This is not new. This is the game.  The rest of us schmucks
struggle on our own, but if it gets done, it will be our own reward and we will
be prouder for it.

It would most likely be pretty expensive to do testing on everyone entered.
Testing on ALL winners might be the answer.
I'm all for it.  Kathy, count me in.

Carol Weale