[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: dumbing down, etc

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:47:44 -0400

If
Vick is guilty ( and I think he is) he's not guilty because of the hip-hop
culture or rap music. If Vick is guilty he's guilty because his judgment is
poor and he has no empathy or compassion for animals in general and dogs in
specific. Vick's actions don't speak for hip hoppers, rappers, or black
athletes...his actions speak for himself...just like yours speak for you and
mine speak for me...Edwin Bernard Hill
***********************************
Exactly!!  If we must play the "blame-game", then I say the blame goes to those
parents, white or black, who seem to instill NO morality or honesty in their
kids, who ALLOW those kids to hang out on streetcorners (and get into trouble),
 who don't even know where their kids ARE and don't even have one meal (a day)
together with them.
I am showing my age by saying these things, but I believe that American Family
is in trouble and it "ain't" because of "gangsta" and "hip-hop."
I teach literature to high school students and I see it every day.  I give
those kids hugs, care for them, even give them money--because many of their
parents just don't.  It boggles my mind when I wonder why those parents wanted
kids in the first place.  Like our dogs, these kids are precious gifts, our
future.
I'm off the bandwagon.  Adios!
Penny in NY