[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: drugs big time

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:57:43 -0800 (PST)

Maybe if we showed the dogs at a slow trot things would change. How about
show-dogs being trained to walk into a natural stack and to hold it. Try
getting
a whizzed up dog to do that :0) Most of the problems we have created ourselves.
We choose to ignore the part of the standard that says the dog should be aloof
but approachable, calmly standing it's ground and not looking nervous or
looking
around for it's owner. We want to see them pulling at the end of a lead, a dog
running so fast no handler on the face of the earth could keep up.
When I look at a GSD the first thing I ask myself is ,does it have presence?
does it command attention? They haven't made a pill that produces that regal
look that it should have in the show ring.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Terry