[ SHOWGSD-L ] dogs trashing hotel rooms

  • From: Erika Brink <erikasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:24:23 -0800 (PST)

Hello-  just out of curiousity....it seems to us that this "rumor" was started
by someone who was in contact with the Collie people who are planning to use
this same show site and host hotels.....is there ANY proof that this really
happened?  We stayed at the Wingate without dogs and were pleasantly surprised
to see nothing but excellent care of the dogs inside and outside of the hotel.
It is difficult for us to see how someone could stay at any of these hotels
that many days and not be noticed that the room was being trashed.  We hate to
see rumors get started where there is no evidence to back it up.  We also were
asked by members of the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America to give a report
on the site location and the hotels.....we were pleased to see that the people
staying on the show grounds had easy access....disapointed that the site was so
far from the hotels but we managed.  If it happens again that the site is this
far away....maybe it would be a good idea to have
 BETTER map available to the area.  The instructions were very confusing to say
the least and many of us got lost more than once.....thank goodness for the
friendly firemen who were handing out halloween candy to get us back on Monday
night!  Back to the point of this communication.....find out if it is true
before expanding on the rumor....the club and its members do not deserve a
black eye if it is indeed just a rumor.  Erika and Kristi.....who gladly left
the cold in Alaska for the Sunshine in Concord....pronounced CON_CORD not
conquered as we were told so many times before we ever got to say it wrong!