[ SHOWGSD-L ] dogs that have killed humans in the past 10 years

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:58:13 -0800 (PST)

I have heard of a few Pits, that were used for fighting and got loose, doing
real damage to kids, who act like prey of course.  I know the Preso's that
killed in San Fran, and the Filo that killed it's owner in Broward, Fla.  But
Pits have not killed adults that I have heard.

  I do look for these things.  But I have not heard of a Pit or Pit type having
killed an adult human.

  Now, again, and I hope for the last time.  Bad people make bad dogs.  Bad
people use guns for bad things.  Guns can do more damage faster and for the
wrong reasons than dogs.

  Neither dogs of any size, especially any dog over 15 pounds!!!!! and any gun
at all, belongs in the hands of any person who is not versed in the proper use
of either.  And even with training in the proper use of both dogs and guns,
shit happens.

  But if the laws of the leash were enforced, many fewer dog bites would
happen.  If owning a dog required the same level of education as driving a car,
there would be fewer dog related suites, it would still happen, but not as
often.

  Car crashes still happen, but not as often as they would were it not for
driver's ed and licensing.  Yesterday I saw a 16 year old fail his first
driver's test.  He went through a stop sign.  My son passed and is not allowed
to drive on his own.  yea!!!!

  Enough of this, Ed, we love you!!!!  But it was the owner, such as he/she was
that was at fault when your ex was attacked, not the dog.  The dog should have
been properly controled and trained.  I know too many nice Pits and other
"dangerous" breeds to blame the dogs.
  sheila