[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [doglegislation] Ruh-Roh? PA propsed state law

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsdramey@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:13:44 GMT

Not trying to be a nit-picker, but am curious.  I thought the Basenji was a
"natural" dog and not "man made" like most breeds???  Or is the term "breed"
inaccurate when describing it?
Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Listers,  not sure if Ginger might possibly be just a little off on her
"word
usage" here or what, but all breeds of dogs are "completely man made"
I don't want to start a war or yucky thread here it's just a fact.  Now, I'm
not talking dogs in general etc., like the Dingo or those interesting
wild dogs of Africa etc. --- the word "breed" is what concerns me.
All  specific breeds are developed by man, period.

I have studied and lived with Dobies and no comparison whatsoever, IMHO
can be made with them and a Cane Corso.  Hunting in packs is a natural for
many critters.  I'd not classify pack the hunting mode as a reason for being
good with others.  It's a known fact, even in the wild, there is a very
rigid
pecking order established within packs and even the herds of prey animals.
That is the real reason they get along with each other.

I hope my explanations are consistent with what Ginger was trying to say,
if not, I don't like to be judgmental, but this got me to thinking, which
I'll
do sometimes.  When chatting about specifics it's hard not to lump stuff
into some general aspects of that subject.   : >))