[ SHOWGSD-L ] dog goals

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have been unable to get myself and my dogs out to the places celebs hang out
here in Miami.  It has just not timed out for me, in 10 years!!!!
Tuesday I got word that Burn Notice was filming a scene where I knew the area,
and could get to with dogs, albeit earlier than I like, like a dog show.

I got there, with three of the pack and got to watch set up and we walked
around a few blocks to let other more distant staffers see the dogs and pet
them.  One seems to have been a casting person, asked if the dogs might be in a
future scene.  Yes, of course.

And the cherry on top was Jeffrey Donovan, Michale Weston himself, nearly
attacked me when he saw the dogs.  As I had suspected, he loves German
Shepherd's.

This is the sort of publicity our breed needs.  All you LA folks should be
hunting down all the celebs that own GSD's and get them to go to a show, just
one.

I am on a mission to get my dogs out, for my business and for the breed.  My
business card is only for the training I do, but I make it clear that I have
access to show dog breeders.

The dogs were a hit, behind the scene.  I hope to find out about more chances
to be nearby.  I am going to do more this winter, when we have our tourist
season, about getting to Miami Beach for lunch with my hubby.  He works on the
Beach.

Hugs to one and all
sheila