[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: dog food prices

  • From: diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:00:59 +0000

On one of my sheep lists there was a post earlier this week about animal feed
prices going up. She'd been to pick up sheep-chow or grain & noticed prices
were up noticably. The manager told her that all grain prices were up, because
suppliers weren't buying Chinese grain and passing those costs along. A bunch
of bull, I thought, since they never passed along the savings for substituting
the cheaper Chinese grains. (Or maybe they are still buying Chinese grain &
marking the price up because it gives the consumer the illusion that they're
not selling Chinese grain!) The manager told her that items that were made with
corn are going up because it's more profitable to sell corn to make fuel than
feed.
Anything for a buck!
Diane