[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: dog food

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:46:27 -0800 (PST)

Liddy was diagnosed by blood test.  I had a moment and tested on of the 3
puppies (2 1/2 now) and she also came up deadly allergic to chicken and eggs
for her too.
Blood test, best way.

However, I learned from an old vet, if the dog has that old dog coat that seems
always to be dirty and smelly even a day after a bath, switch the meat in the
dog food, it is most likely allergies.

I can't control pollen and such, I know Liddy has other allergies, I use
Chloraphenearamine to control her other allergies.  Some dogs work on Benydryl,
but Liddy needs the older chemical that is harder and harder to find.  I get
CVS brand.  Ask the pharmacist.

best of luck,
sheila

From: sally <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] dog food
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 8:28 AM

      I for one am thoroughly disgusted with dog food manufacturers.  I am
feeding
Diamond natural after leaving ProPlan which I used for many years.My dogs
are on the chicken and rice  like it and are doing well on it.  The stools
are not quite as good and there seems to be a bit more volume.  I have 2
dogs that appear to be allergic to chicken   so I put them on natural lamb
and rice which they do not like - so I robbed the bank and bought a bag of
Eukanuba lamb and rice.  Oh my gosh immediate scratching.  I went down and
checked the bag again and down the line I see listed chicken meal.(my
mistake I missed it when checked the ingredients before I bought)

Now most people who feed lamb and rice do so for a reason so why do
companies advertise lamb and rice and then add  chicken meal down the list.

I am beginning to think these companies live in their castle towers and have
no idea what goes on in the dog world
Sally
www.embroiderybysally.org

is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original

MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original

MANNER
ALL

Listen to 350+ music, sports, & news radio stations – including songs for the
holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!