[ SHOWGSD-L ] dog eating lots ofchocolate candy

  • From: v Christiane Rudolf <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 0:39:10 -0500

I have a lab staying with me while the owner is on vacation.  This evening, I
came home after having dinner with a neighbor, and she had gotten into the room
where I have a box of chocolate candy.  She got into it and ate a big chocolate
nestle's crunch  easter egg, and a number, probably six or more easter eggs
filled with caramals and covered in chocolate.  It was not possible ot contact
my vet, any ideas on what I should do?  She appears ok at this point, but I am
worried.   She is, no kidding, , a chocolate lab.  Is there anything that I
could give her to move it out of her system more quickly?  It was too late to
give syrup of ipekath(sp.).
--
Christiane Rudolf,
Tanglewood Farm,