[ SHOWGSD-L ] dog books

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 21:13:46 -0800

> Yes...that is an awesome book. David....is it published yet? If
> so....where can we buy it?
> Amy Greenhut

It is not published. After over a year of contacting publishers, I
just about gave up...

Then one of the publishers (after having my submission for over 6
months) contacted me and asked if I bred German Shepherd Dogs. I
assured them that if they had read the submission, they would know
that I did. The next contact back was asking me if I'd be interested
in writing a book for them on German Shepherds - Duh!

A couple of days later I received a book in the mail and a note asking
if I would do one in that format. I emailed back that I certainly
would and within the hour they sent an email contract and an advance.

That's why I was telling you what a great book Barron's Dog Bible, The
German Shepherd is.... It is not out yet! It will be in the spring of
summer of 2010. They are also looking now at the original book. So we
shall see!

I could use your help... This list is such a great resource for
things, it is really a family - dysfunctional at times, but
none-the-less, really a great thing. They will be putting a lot of
pictures in the book and will allow me to suggest pictures, but have
the option to exercise their privilege to put in their own photos.
Most of what they are using in the other books are close ups, head
shots, stacks, candids without a lot of background - not too busy. If
you would like to include a photo or more, email them on in .jpg
format. They do not pay for photos, including from me, so it is just a
chance to have your dog or your photo in a GSD book.

So many thanks to all who helped with comments, suggestion and proof
reading the original book, and for your encouragement. Without it,
this would not have happened.

Dave