[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: do you really promise to listen?

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 08:53:00 -0700

I do see the dogs that are not rich in color but still not the ones I am
referring to as they are black and cream or black and silver.

If this website is correct on color not their dogs.  :-)

"Liver, Blue and White are genetically diluted colors"

http://www.4germanshep.com/coat_colors.htm

How can white GSDs not be producing "genetically diluted colors"?

Color has not been as important to me until the possibly change
to the GSDCA Breed Standard now it is.

Having experience with owning GSDs that had one white parent and one rich
dark black and tan the pups in the litter that appeared were the washed out GSD
color.
So I do know this happens more than people realize.  If you go
back in their pedigrees you will usually find the hidden white GSD
in the background.  Reason genetics is so complicated as genes can
lie hidden for many generations to surface later.

Theresa
GSDCA Member
scenecrest@xxxxxxxxx

On Sat, 8/2/14, Rbuffdogs . <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As far as the quote from FL, about seeing almost
 "black and white dogs" we see that
 every weekend at
 specialties.  Dogs that
 are dark, with very very faded creme and almost
 silver legs, chests, etc.    It is not
 attractive, and it seems
 to have become the
 norm in many parts of the country.    People think b/c
 dog is dark that is has "good
 pigment".  That is not
 correct.  To
 have truly "good pigment" a dog must have rich
 secondary
 coloring as well.
 It is not limited to dogs that have a white
 parent, obviously, as it has
 become all too
 pervasive , in recent years.
 Kathy
 *http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
 <http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>*

 *CH. Elvaston's Nations
 Cup TC, 26 BOBsCH. Victory's Leviathan *
 *RBIF CH. Monarch's Tarragon v Kaleef*
 *Kappo von Eisenwerk*

  *"Victory...*Vires et
 honestas"

 On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Theresa-GSD
 Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <
 dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > White GSDs are
 not Albinos but most true whites do have pink look inside
 > their ears.
 >
 >  I know he is not popular here, but felt
 he had a point in his statement
 > as most
 of the GSDs that had one white
 > parent
 usually do have a white over tan color in parts of their
 body with
 > no white markings.  As white
 markings
 > are a different gene involved.
 In order to get the rich colors you need to
 > stay away from dogs with faded genes or
 > white.
 >
 > FL quote:

 "When white GSDs are brought into a colored family
 line, we frequently see
 > offspring that
 almost look like “black-and-white” dogs because of
 sharp
 > contrast between the dark upper
 parts (such as the saddle and head

 markings) and the lower markings or under parts that in
 other dogs are more
 > often some shade of
 tan or brown—legs, belly, etc."

 > Theresa
 > GSDCA Member

 POST is Copyrighted 2014.  All material
 remains the property of the original author and of GSD
 Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind
 are permitted without prior permission of the original
 author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 Each Author is responsible
 for the content of his/her post.  This group and its
 administrators are not responsible for the comments or
 opinions expressed in any post.

 ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,
 REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH
 APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL
 PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
 FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS
 PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

 For assistance, please contact the List
 Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://showgsd.org/mail.html