[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: designer dogs

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:31:41 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/2006 8:59:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
was  thinking that guy with the Caucasion needed a session or two with
Cesar  Milan!

Actually the BREEDER of them that they talked to was pretty  reasonable. The
other guy was a jack a**.

But I forsee a real  problem with this breed as the "pit bull" bans spread.

Ginger Cleary,  Rome, GA

I think the guy needs a session or two with a baseball bat,  and his dog
needs to go to another owner.  Fortunately the breed is so  rare in this
country,
we are not likely to run across morons like this guy too  often.  The breeders
here are generally very careful where they send these  dogs, and should be.
As with any breed , they have a set of  responsibilities attached to them.
This is NOT a breed for the first time  dog owner, or for any owner not willing
to correct immediately any  infractions.  They are a giant breed, but swift
and athletic...tough as  nails.  Very intelligent, too.  Obviously this guy had
a dog far  smarter than he.   And since when is a centuries old breed a
"designer  dog?"    NGC took a LOT of heat over the portrayal.  They  had other
footage of these dogs carting, tracking, doing guardian work....would  they use
that ? Nooooooo.  That wanted footage that was going to bring in  viewers.
Period.

Kathy
Ovcharka fan

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
 ~ WEBSITE UPDATED: MAR 27,  2006
Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D  "NITRO"
25 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO DATE 2006 PACIFIC  COAST VICTOR