[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: derby

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 16:08:32 -0700 (PDT)

I was glad to hear that a new committee is being formed to look into horse and
rider safety.  This is getting ridiculous in my opinion.  They are trying to
make the courses more difficult to make it more challenging, but the horses are
suffering.  Cynthia
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I didn't watch the Rolex championships,
either...(and I used to do
that!!!....I don't know if you watched, or if it's been on where y'all live
yet (it was on here at 5 EDT, after a delay for the Stanley Cup playoff
(congrats to the Penguins!)....but if you watch, and I doubt they'll show
the falls.....but 2 horses died at Rolex due to falls on cross country
this year. Frodo Baggins from a skull fracture and The Quiet Man from a
fractured shoulder. Two horrific "rotational" falls [PC word for
somersaulting I
suppose]. a friend was at the fence where The Quiet Man fell, & it was bad.
Frodo was
worse. His rider is still in the hospital, also in bad shape.
Peggy