[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: depression and dogs

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 07:48:08 -0800 (PST)

My dogs care when I am sad, to be sure.  But they are also always looking for
weakness in the leadership.
They are not my friends, they are my charges.  They come to me for their needs,
not my needs.  It is a sign of poor leadership on my part to see them as
anything but wanting.

However it is that very wanting that keeps me going.  That need for me to do
for them is the drug, not the dogs themselves.

Unconditional Want, that is how I see it.  If they don't have an itch, a need
for grass, food or water, I don't see them doing much but waiting to need
something.

sheila