[ SHOWGSD-L ] deflect, deflect, deflect....

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:01:46 -0400

>The problem is, according to moi, that we need to make a real effort =
to=20
>learn from those mistakes so that we don't repeat them. Not to make =
more=20
>excuses, to admit and correct the mistakes, that is the goal.

Simply saying that so and so did this or that before is not a good =
excuse.=20
>That attitude of lack of accountability only perpetuates the problems, =
and=20
>the bad feelings.

>Ileana

>What I'd like to hear from the leadership on our board is that they have =
learned from this=20
>experience and will handle other "sensitive" matters in a more open, =
inclusive, and "sensitive" way.=20

>Laurie

In my personal and professional life, I try very hard to take responsibilit=
y for my actions, admit when I screwed up, learn from my mistakes so that =
they are not repeated in the future, and apologize to anyone negatively =
affected by my actions.  I'd feel better about things if that's what I saw =
coming from the editor search process.  What I've seen instead is blame =
placed on previous administrations, personal attacks made on people =
questioning the process, and no inclination to take responsibility for the =
things they would have been better handled if handled differently.  I =
don't think that's too much to ask from the leadership of our club.

BTW, I heard through the grapevine that Illeana (whom I do not know and =
have never met) is running for the board by petition.  We need more people =
who think like she thinks on our board.

JMO...

Laurie

=20