[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: declining entrees

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rautt75@xxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 11:46:30 -0400 (EDT)

I recently went thru this in another breed that I was acquiring.  I was the
newbie this time I was the outsider and let me tell you there were no fuzzy,
warm friendliness.  There was one that explaind things etc. but she sort of
already new who I was.  My experience made me stop and reflect on how I
interact with newbies at the shows.  I try to be friendly and if I have to
abruptly leave to groom or my dog is going in the ring i try to apologize and
let them know.  I am not saying I am perfect at this but my experience with the
other breed has really made me aware and to be more responsible for my demeanor
with newbies at shows.

It all goes back to "incourage, not discourage" trust me it does make a
difference.

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis