[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: declining entrees

  • From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 08:40:34 -0700

Let's not shoot the messenger if we don't like the message. Sorry if I
struck a nerve, that was not the intention.
We can continue to blame the economy but that in itself is not productive.
The economy has effected our sport, we have known that for a long time, so
we have to get better at what we do. Other breeds are doing better than we
are.
What I pointed out is, I think, the obvious.
Yes, the challenge is on the clubs and all of us. We all need to get
better. We need to do a better job of encouraging new people (read the
posts of the few who dared to speak up while most nod silently in
agreement), and clubs need to do their best at putting on the shows. If
your club isn't drawing well you need to ask the tough questions. Or, you
can just tell everyone to stop complaining, suck it up and donate their
entries.
Ken

http://showgsd.org/mail.html