[ SHOWGSD-L ] coy dogs

  • From: v Christiane Rudolf <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:52:54 -0500

I also have Alpacas and we have many coyotes around where I live, in the
country in S.W. Ohio.  A couple of weeks ago, one of my Alpaca friends, who
also breed and show Anatolian Shepherds--I have one of theirs-- had a couple of
coy dogs jump their no climb fence and try to attack my friend who was cleaning
the pasture.  Luckily, her Anatolian heard her scream and came flying to her
rescue.  He placed himself between the intruders, knocked one of them down so
hard he broke his back and chased the other one, badly injure out of the
pasture.  Coy dogs are not afraid of people and are often a lot bigger than
coyotes.  The Anatolian received a series of bits, but after some stitches from
the vet, is now ok.    So coy dogs are nothing to snif about.  They do pose a
threat to people and smaller animals as well as livestock.
--
Christiane Rudolf,
Tanglewood Farm,