[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: cost to raise a litter of pups, AND SELLING OF YOUNGSTERS

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx, k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 07:42:49 EST

Well said Channing.  That's close to a carefully bred companion puppy
price.

People, if you want a show "dog" then purchase a show "dog".  A puppy  is a
prospect.  It could be a lovely prospect, it could be an exciting  prospect
but it's still a prospect.

And truthfully, I worry what happens to all of these "prospects".   It's
more important for the that my kids end up in forever homes, sleeping on a
bed, rather than one in a long line of prospects sitting in a pen all day, or
given away when they aren't "exactly", or a bitch bred every season hoping
she  produces better than herself.

But to the original poster (sorry, you didn't sign your name), you didn't
get cheated.  You took a chance.  As for spending money on vet tests  to get
a bitch in whelp, well, welcome to the world of dog breeding  <G>.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 11/6/2010 9:24:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Whenever  you buy any pup you aren't guaranteed anything.  The vast
majority of  shepherds will never turn out.  I have friends in other breeds
were
they  have litters of five and they all finish.  Not in this breed!  When  I
first started in dogs,  I spent larger sums of money for young puppies  and
quickly learned that puppies aren't worth the 3-5, 000.00 people charge  for
them.  At four months you still have to make past teeth, x rays, and  that
still doesn't mean they won't fall apart.  I think in fairness when  puppies
are purchased they should be sold for a reasonable fee and as they get  over
the hurdles then more money can be requested.

2, 000.00  honestly isn't a lot to pay for for a prospect particularly if
she is from top  producing lines.  You can always breed an oversized bitch.
Actually, we are hurting for males.  When I see doggy bitches they excite
me.  I have great hopes for them in the whelping  box.

Channing
www.ca-shegsd.com

> Date: Sat, 6 Nov  2010 16:47:59 -0700
> From: k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [  SHOWGSD-L ] Re: cost to raise a litter of pups
> To:  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> BUYER BEWARE.
> I paid  $2,000(the breeder was asking $2500) for "Show Quaility" female
pup at 3
> months of age. She turned out not to be so show quaility at all. She
makes my
> "Select Champion"  look like a midget. LOL. She's now 4  years old, and
hasn't
> been able to get in whelp. I even spent $500 on  Vet tests. She has one
of those
> 3 day "windows".
>  When I told the breeder about my displeasure,  he told me  to give her
away.
> Be careful what you do. Beware there are crooks  everywhere.

===========================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2010. All material remains the property of the
any kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her post. This group
and its administrators  are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any  post.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

> For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/