[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: consistency......not rocket science

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Utter <rautter001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:51:33 -0800 (PST)

It doesn't matter to me which shows they participate in or which white gsd
organization they belong to.  It is the probability that their interest in
conformation showing (in any venue) motivates them to want to be included
under the GSDCA Breed Standard that I find disturbing.  Again, all I am
saying is that I want the Membership to have the right to vote on anything that
opens the door to considering changes in either the Standard or the Mission
Statement.  The recent Board decision has opened that door because this
decision is in direct contradiction to the Mission Statement of the
organization.  Before voting, however, we all need to understand the total
possible ramifications of a vote either way.  We will have to live with those
ramifications if the Standard is changed, so it behooves all of us to be
thoroughly informed.  If we want to change the Mission Statement to exclude
promotion of the Standard in presenting performance Awards of
 Merit at the National, so be it.  But I want all members to have a chance to
vote on that.  If the Standard is to be changed to eliminate the DQ on whites,
so be it.  I want all members to have a chance to vote on that as well.
Prior to voting should come a thorough understanding of all of the issues.

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com
Home of Multiple Group Winner  GCH RiverRock's Hotel California (Callie) HSAs
RN BN
Group Winner Ch. RiverRock's Straight From The Heart HSAsd
and the new kid RiverRock's One Fine Day