[ SHOWGSD-L ] congratulations to all of National winners and here's to a good yr w/Parent Club

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:18:25 EDT

I just want to congratulate all of the breeders, owners, and handlers of
the winners at the National and hope someday I get to see our new GVX in
person!  She sounds just beautiful and to go from the classes to GVX is  such
an accomplishment and I heard Leslie did an outstanding job handling  her!
I think we have a great slate of judges for next year's  National and since
we all saw class entries way down this year, maybe we can all  make a
concerted effort to show at next year's National!  I know that  because the
location is more central, I am making plans now to attend next year  (when is
it
again?-LOL).  If each of us makes a concerted effort, we can  get those
entries up and make it the grand event it should be!     Futurity and Maturity
finals and Specials was the usual grand event this year,  but I was very
disappointed in the classes.   I've been Best  Puppy and  Reserve at the
National
(with 2 different dogs who both  subsequently went Select) so I can say
this:   I remember when placing  5th in a class of 35-40 was a huge
accomplishment even though it was just out of  the ribbons.   Some classes this
year
barely had 5 in the  class.  Let's fill those classes next year!   I  was
glued to Evan's blog (thank you Evan) and on the phone with a good friend  who
had the Screaming Video so it felt like I was there!  (thank you  Sue).
Last, I think we elected great new Board Members and think we have  the right
people on the Board to get the Parent Club back on track!  I know  they have
my support and I hope they have yours!  Thanks for listening,  Cheryl
Olson/Tindrock