[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: concrete GSD

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <shadowvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:17:18 -0500

Ah, more wonderful memories from Da List Folks on our splendid GSDs -
in what ever venue they happen to be at any given time.   Many many years
ago, as a Christmas gift, my dear husband gave me a concrete GSD sitting
and he rolled it into the living room on a hand truck (dolly) - what ever
and
pushed it to the steps to the kitchen and eased it onto the steps.  It
stayed
for many years and was used by my Mother as she went up and down in
her last years of life with us.   It had a darkened smooth part on the
muzzle
from her daily walk.  When the house burned in 1998, one of the firemen
was upset as he looked inside and saw this big German Shepherd just sitting
and was scared to move because of the smoke ------    Part of the ceiling
had fallen on it and an ear was knocked off and one of the front legs had a
big crack in it.  We hauled it out at some time and set it in front of the
trailer
we lived in until I sold the farm in 2006.  Well, people would STILL stay in
their car and toot the horn like years before when I'd always have a GSD
loose and they' NOT want to get out -- Ha!  Well, this one didn't move until
I sold the farm, as I said, stored it as my friends all hefted it as well as
cement wolf too until those friends have both on their farm now.  LIFE IN
THE BUSY LANE I GUESS.    The smoke had blackened it and I wasn't
too sad because I love the solid blacks anyway!   TNX for sharing.  Norma