[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: compensation?

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:49:54 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/2005 12:19:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx writes:
Both  existing legislation and PAWS define as "dealers" only persons who sell
dogs  in commerce for compensation or profit. Therefore non-profit rescue
organizations are NOT covered by the legislation.

Anyone besides me get the feeling they are banging their head against a
brick wall????

"in commerce for COMPENSATION OR PROFIT.   Compensation is ANY AMOUNT it
doesn't mean "profit".  I don't know Rescue  out there that GIVES a dog away
free.
 Hence they are taking  "compensation".  It doesn't matter a hill of beans
that they are  "non-profit"... they are still taking COMPENSATION!

AKC and Santorum (and their adoring fans at HSUS, PETA, et al) are  really
beginning to irritate me.  It isn't just that they think we are all  stupid...
the condescending attitude is really wearing thin.  The above  quote is just so
much spin.  Do they not have a dictionary??

From Websters.....

COMPENSATION:

1 The act of compensating or the state of being compensated.

2 Something, such as money, given or received as payment or reparation, as
for a service or loss.

From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law:
1 : the act of compensating
2 in the civil law of Louisiana  : the ending of mutual obligations between
two people for money or  quantities of fungible things usually by operation of
law but sometimes by an  agreement

NOWHERE in either of those definitions is the word "profit".  Will  someone
please pass that along to AKC??

Ginger  Cleary, GA
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order  to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one." Benjamin  Franklin.
_http://www.rihadin.com_ (http://www.rihadin.com/)