[ SHOWGSD-L ] communication

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:36:53 -0400

This is just my take on some of the emails.  We all have the right to our own
opinions and we have the right to express those opinions.  The WAY we  CHOOSE
to express our opinions can set an ugly tone or an invitation to a logical and
meaningful discussion with one another. Do  we really want to alienate one
another? There has got to be a better way folks.
Had a phone call from a gentleman who was inquiring about using our stud dog.
This man had two or three stud dogs recommended to him in order to help correct
a fault in his well bred bitch's gait.  Going away needed help.  To my surprise
this gentleman informed me that he had called two other breeders and that two
of them had been so rude and arrogant, because he was a new comer,  that he
simply told them he no longer wished to talk to them and quietly hung up.  This
man was not put off, he is determined, but he surely did not come away with a
good impression - fortunately he had talked to two other breeders about what to
look for in a stud dog they were helpful, one was Christine Grainger and the
other was Shirley Raymond.  They took the time to try and help and give
encouragement.
Here we are in a situation whereby we are loosing members, not bringing in new
ones,entries are down, registrations are down, people going to other breeds
etc. What is wrong with this picture?  We cannot, in my book, capture a new
audience, attract the public when we cannot treat each other with common
courtesy.
How can we negotiate for what we might think is best for our breed when we are
dodging bullets?
Nancy