[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: color vs pigment

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vprezhmf@xxxxxxx>, <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:50:27 -0600

In the Dalmatian standard it says that we are to have complete eyerims and nose
trim - anything missing is a major fault.

There are some trends of pigment and color going together. The deeper liver
(brown) a dog is, the more likely his trim is to be completely filled. A red
liver (which I prefer) is more likely to have missing trim. The more color
(spots) on the face, the more likely the trim is to be complete - both in
blacks and livers.

There is a correlation, yet there is not a correlation.. Depends on the genetic
make up of the breed.

Jessica MacMillan
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/