[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: color vs pigment

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:17:37 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2009 8:37:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
One of  my mentors makes a distinction between color and pigment.  To this
person  pigment concerns the eye rims, toe nails, pads and lips and color
has to do  with the coat.  Do you guys have an  opinion?

Diane

I think even white breeds require a certain amount of pigment on their
dogs, like Bichons and Samoyeds.

There is a distinction.....I am tanned from November thru April, and dark
from May thru October....<G>

Ileana