[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: cinco de Julio & chicken claws>Dog Food

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 08:30:52 -0700

One of the problems with the large commercial production of meat is that it
is easier to get contaminated product into the food supply - human food
supply included. Factory farming is efficient if not as healthy. We keep
pretending there are enough inspectors with enough tools to keep everything
safe. We do not generally know the sources of our food nor how it has been
processed. Not just our factory farms, but then there are the imported
products we know nothing about.

The rule of getting your food from as close to the producer as possible is
a good rule. That applies to meat as well as plant products. And that does
not require California rules to protect you.

Ruth

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 6:39 AM, Theresa-GSD Stolz <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tyson has had recalls on chickens for people too as least in my area.
California
has so many rules and regulations you are safer I guess to feed raw
over the other states. I would think it could be quite costly
to ship it here.

Theresa