[ SHOWGSD-L ] carmen battaglia

  • From: gsdlady28@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, jmoses0924@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:25:33 -0400

Evan,
I too totally support the list as a forum for people to express their opinions
on important issues,(and silly ones!) however in this instance, it went beyond
the issue at hand and people began openly attacking Carmen (and Jimmy as well
for that matter in a few of the posts) personally and as a judge as well, which
had nothing to do with Hunte or the letter or anything. People who obviously
held a grudge against him or had some alterior motive began using the
Hunte/letter issue as an excuse to criticize his judging procedure, temperament
tests, intgrety...you name it! You may remember I posted a response to all of
the negative "carmen bashing" as I called it, and reminded everyone that 6
months ago when they elected him to judge the nationals no one seemed to be
having a problem with his judging or temp tests....and if they did, no one
would dare attack a judge so openly and fiercely in such an open forum as the
list.  If it wasnt flaming, I dont know what is! I have never see
 n such intense, mean spirited, spiteful comments about a judge, (especially
one who has done so much for the breed over the years and I have thought always
done a very fair, consistant job) and if it wernt for the other BS going on
about him people would not have felt it was open season and they were somehow
given a free pass to say whatever they wanted about him.  In my opinion when
they "went there" they crossed the line. It was in extremely poor taste and not
in the spirit in which this list was created for. Even after the nationals this
last year, when there were lots of complaints and sour grapes, (at least some
of which seemed to be justified from what I have heard privately, as I was not
there last year) and many, many upset people, I did not see the kind of open,
mean spirited attacks on Helen Franklin that we saw on Carmen. That is the
problem I had with the carmen bashing....Yes, everyone is entitled to their
opinions, but when it gets that personal and negative ab
 out a fellow GSD lover, it has gone too far and the purpose of the list has
been distorted. We need to keep to the issues at hand, and not behave like a
pack of dogs in a dog fight, ganging up and getting a piece of the dog who is
down!

Maggie Marshall
Aeval German Shepherds
http://hometown.aol.com/gsdlady28/index.html
Website Updated 03/21/2007

I also was disappointed to see the  List be
attacked
for the dissemination of information, on both sides.  The  List did not cause
the problems, nor does it reflect the position of anyone  other that those who
write what they believe.  It seems popular now to  blame the List, which is
like shooting the messenger for the  message.
AOL at AOL.com.