[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: cant begrudge money for the pets

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:00:12 -0700 (PDT)

Sadly what is happening here is government as usual...and all of their moronic
decisions.  People are being forced to leave small little lap dogs on the
streets because the government run agencies won't let them take the dog on the
bus. Apparently it's against some abscure policy....and since people in
government are incapable of making or applying logic to any decision they make,
they don't even consider that a dog this size is no bigger than a purse or
carry on which is allowed on the bus.

Thank god for the US military...they are letting people and their pets board
their helicopters and other military vehicles....and I've seen many residents
rescued today with their pets who they refused to leave behind.  Any human
being that takes their pets with them in times of disaster even at the risk of
their own life obviously considers that pet a member of the family, it would be
nice if government officials would show equal amount of compassion particularly
when the life of another human being is not being compromised.

Speaking of that, I have a friend that made it out of New Orleans on
Thursday...his dog is safe...his cat died during the hurricane...he carried the
cat in a backpack so it could be properly disposed of....now that's devotion.

Cindy
Holly Woods <hollywoods@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I know that if I had to leave my dogs behind I would be in as much distress
about that as about losing everything. I would sure want someone to be
helping them and trying to get them back to me.. The people have enough
distress already and some Im sure felt their pet was the only one that cared
about them.It is as important to them as anything else is. Some of these
people didnt have a lot else but their pet before this happened.
.

Holly Woods
Marrand Shepherds Williams Lake, B.C.

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original