[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: candidates

  • From: gretchanya@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:50:44 -0400

 Thank you, Iza, for pointing out another important element of the Election.
My final comment on gsdbydesign.com's coverage is this:
We feel strongly that voters deserve to be educated. We know that not all GSDCA
members belong to email lists. Our role is to offer the candidates a platform,
in much the same way that a for-profit newspaper covers a presidential
election: We feel it is our JOB.
Some candidates do not wish to participate. Some voters do not care to read
what the candidates have to say. That is their choice. But until our coverage
began in three years ago, a venue such as this did not exist.
Please note that we do not publish candidate bios, but rather their answers to
what we feel are important questions in how they will serve the GSDCA. And we
keep questionnaires from previous elections in our archive system; answers from
2007 and 2008 can be located in August and September of each year. (The
archives can be accessed from any page pon our website via a link on the left.)
I am continually surprised at some can feel so imperiled by information.

In a message dated 8/24/2009 10:00:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

At least  THIS LIST is not a for-profit venue . .  .

Becky T. Dickson
www.gretchanya.com
www.gsdbydesign.com