[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: candidates

  • From: gretchanya@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:30:12 -0400

 Hi all -
I have purposely stayed out of the politically conversation up until now
because I own and operate gsdbydesign.com, which asks every candidate questions
annually and posts them on our site for all voters to see.

As a former reporter and then editor (award-winning) for the #1 newspaper in
NH, I learned early that the value in GOOD journalism is the ability of the
writers and editors to simply state the facts and let the reader draw his or
her own conclusions. For those not acquainted, New Hampshire takes its
Presidential grass-roots politicking to a whole new level. We are the state
that spends nearly a full year with each candidate prior to an election; has
breakfast with them at factories, visits with them at friends' homes, and asks
them their views on everything from Big Oil to superheroes (true!).

Given this experience with both politics and journalism, Helen's comment below
fascinates me.

Please note that on the Election Coverage page, there is a detailed note that
explains when the questionnaires were sent, and in what format. Toward the
bottom of the page, there is another note: "These web pages are provided
                    for your reference. The links do not constitute an
                    endorsement by gsdbydesign.com or Rebecca Tsaros Dickson,
                    nor do we recommend or endorse any candidate represented.
                    Copyright 2009 - All rights reserved. "

To answer Diane's question: The candidates typically take at least a week to
return their questionnaires. Some come earlier and some come later, and some
don't answer at all, which is why we post them as soon as they arrive,
unedited. Additionally, it is our practice to follow-up with candidates who do
not answer, to make sure they have received the questionnaires, and to give
each of them every opportunity to answer. Some simply decline, saying they are
too busy.

If, at some point in the future, I decide to make my political views public,
they will be posted in the form of an editorial on the BLOG. I am sure that
those who know me well are chuckling as I type this.

--------------------------

VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 8/24/2009 9:59:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:
why is  it that zoe, bob moore and gary szymczak are the only candidates
for office who have answered the questions on becky's GSDByDesign  site?
diane

Perhaps because it gives the impression that Becky is promoting  these
three, I think posting on our List for all to see is a more objective ,non
political.( if there is such a thing) <G> Helen Miller  Fisher

Becky T. Dickson
www.gretchanya.com
www.gsdbydesign.com