[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: canada.com Story

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <workingdawgs@xxxxxxxxx>, <robertaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:47:19 -0800

> Not interesting... sickening that the government is taking no
> consideration of the recommendations of multitudes of professionals that
> advised against BSL, and all for Dangerous Dog Legislation!  I didn't
> think that our government were professional dog people, I was under the
> understanding that they were politicians who were elected to listen to the
> people, not override the experienced and professional advice of the people
> who elected them!

Paul opines...

This is a problem all over the World. In 2000 Germany passed ever broader
legislation. They had 3 lists.  List 1 banned those breeds, List 2 dogs had
to pass certain tests, be spay, neutered, and muzzled, and List 3 were
listed as "Dangerous Dogs" with special requirements. Oddly...the GSD never
made any of those lists. Since it's passage...most of those arcane laws have
been overturned.

It is sad that politicians do not listen...more correctly do not hear...when
wise folks speak. They believe they know best and are doing their job for
the "Greater Good". That is...in reality...not the case.

They do it because they feel the support is behind them. Support = campaign
contributions and lobbying. The ARO's do both with frightening regularity
and it's getting worse. They have web sites with info on which Legislator
supports their ideologies so they deserve their financial and vote support.
They are also setting up PAC's and hiring lobbyists to get their views
across.

That's how THEY play the game and that is also how WE should play the game.
We need to organize and offer financial and voting support for those
Legislators that support our ideals. I was impressed by Senator Dahl's
R )IL) wise words in his response to one of "Da Listers" letters.

An interesting statistic in all of this hubbub is that only 3% of the worlds
population hold the radical vegan viewpoints. That said, their influence
seems to spread to others because they convince them they too...work for the
"Greater Good". Who would deny that saving a baby harp seal or rescuing a
downtrodden puppy isn't a good cause? Of course those good folks have no
idea that the radical arm of the AR movement wants to abolish the ownership
and breeding of all companion animals, hunting, fishing, and the growing of
animals for food.

We need to organize to fight them folks. Wayne Pacelle is the Prez of HSUS.
He has committed his organization to influence political agendas around the
country and will spend Millions of $ to achieve that goal. We need to slow,
deter, and then halt their progress in the US and Canada. We can do that if
we fight fire with fire on both sides of the Border.

Can we count on your support???

Paul