[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: buy from a breeder

  • From: "Arcturus" <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:45:38 -0400

"Since when do the amish use electricity?
Around ehre, they are encouraged to breed dogs by the Department of Agriculture

THey do not use electricity"

They can use electricity in buildings they do not own, and where deemed
necessary by law such as milk houses ( keeping milk cold) and butcher shops.
My neighbors are Amish and as long as their home is not paid for they must
keep the electricity in it. I suppose they wouldn't have to use it, but they
do. I've also have seen electricity used in barns where they have a
business. Not sure how they square this with the church, but there it is. They
also use propane in surprising ways, from running a refrigerator, to powering
generators. I don't know what the difference is between electricity coming from
the power line or the generator. As I write this I'm thinking of the furniture
maker who has several generators to power his dryers and sprayers, the one with
the kid with asthma for her medical stuff, the harness maker for his sewing
machines, ect. and we won't even go into the amish who show up every night at
the local fire company to watch a little tv.....
Haven't you seen the little houses down by the end of their lanes?  Thats
where the phone and the answering machine is.  Never mind the answering
machine, most have cell phones, they keep it up there beside where they hang
the roach clips in their buggy! .  SueT  ( Oops, did I just upset the
tourist industry?) who lives in Lancaster County.