[ SHOWGSD-L ] busy days

  • From: GEschette@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:38:42 EDT

Linda and I have been very busy. Thursday we went to Nicholls St.
University, local shelter. Brought candy for the kids. Was able to wash laundry
 for
some of the people there. We went where the animals where being help. St.
Thomas
church. Picked up a lot of dog food, biscuits and cat food. Was able to
clean up there holding area and kitchen. While we were there, we got our first
call to go and transport dogs out of New Orleans. On Thursday we picked up 35
dogs, 8 cats, 2 goats, and a bird. We made the last trip last night. I went
there first thing this morning. Picked up 20 dogs, 1 cat, 3 mice, 2 sugar
gliders and 4 birds. And, Linda just got back at 11pm she made the last pick
up.
40 dogs. God has blessed Linda and I with a great business, they we are able to
 take some time to do this. I am planning on going with our mens group from
church, and cook for these volunteers at Lamar Dixon. They are wore out. I
think  a good meal and good Christian communication would do them so good.
  Lamar Dixon looks like a small city. National Guard is there.  Evacuees are
all over. The lucky ones have their on campers, about 5000. People  are sleep
in the back of their trucks in the parking lot. Most of the volunteers  for
the animals are sleeping in tents.
 The gentleman that we washed he clothes, his birthday was Wednesday.  As on
their bags, they put their name and DOB. So, we put him a birthday card in
his laundry, with a little gift. Isn't God great? That probably make his  whole
day. Somebody, thought of this guy on his birthday. Thanks to everyone who  is
send supplies. Will bring them to the shelter tomorrow.
God Bless
Greg